My son and I have had the privilege of photographing several National Parks. Our photographs were possible because others were willing to share their knowledge with us through books, magazines, and podcasts. It is now time for us to return the favor. We hope the information we provide about our equipment and techniques will help improve your photographic skills. If this is your first visit, please start reading from the bottom of the page. Happy shooting!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Zip-it !!!

I can remember the day vividly. While I was waiting for my friend to get the rental car, I opened my camera bag and took out the GPS. Hurriedly I turned the unit on and set the destination for Sanibel Island. Chuck returned with the keys and I grabbed my luggage and camera bag. To my surprise, I had forgotten to close my bag and I still don’t know why the gear didn’t fall out onto the concrete sidewalk below. That was one of those definable moments in my life. Ever since, I’ve made the effort to immediate close my camera bag after opening one of the compartments.
It may not seem much like a tip, but can you imagine the financial loss and missed photographic opportunities if the unthinkable happened to your equipment? Just get into the habit of "zipping" your camera bag closed after every use and your vacation will be much more enjoyable!
www.lowepro.com