My son and I have had the privilege of photographing several National Parks. Our photographs were possible because others were willing to share their knowledge with us through books, magazines, and podcasts. It is now time for us to return the favor. We hope the information we provide about our equipment and techniques will help improve your photographic skills. If this is your first visit, please start reading from the bottom of the page. Happy shooting!

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Gadgets or Gizmos ?

I can remember the days when I waited anxiously for my roll of film to be processed and printed. It seemed like it took forever! Now with digital cameras the images can be viewed immediately on the LCD screen to evaluate exposure and composition. As great as this new technology is, I've found the LCD screen difficult to view in bright sunlight. A gadget that helps in this situation is called a Hoodman loupe. It fits over an LCD screen up to three inches and has diopter correction for those of us with less than perfect eye sight. This gizmo is one of my favorites for outdoor photography.
www.hoodmanusa.com