My son and I have had the privilege of photographing several National Parks. Our photographs were possible because others were willing to share their knowledge with us through books, magazines, and podcasts. It is now time for us to return the favor. We hope the information we provide about our equipment and techniques will help improve your photographic skills. If this is your first visit, please start reading from the bottom of the page. Happy shooting!

Friday, October 9, 2009

Me a Publisher?

Digital photography has not only changed the way people take photos but it has provided a unique way for those photographs to be displayed. Besides the online web services that I mentioned in the previous blog, there is the ability for ordinary, common, average people like myself to publish a book displaying my own personal work. There are two different companies that I've tried and I can highly recommend them to you. (No I'm not being paid to say it). MyPublisher and Blurb have high quality books that are reasonably priced. My wife and I have created a couple of family vacation books together. We built the pages in Photoshop and uploaded them to the bookmaker using their software (available for free on their websites). There are pre-made templates available that make the creating process easy if you choose to use them. The books are a neat way to show off your work and to preserve memories.
www.mypublisher.com
www.blurb.com