My son and I have had the privilege of photographing several National Parks. Our photographs were possible because others were willing to share their knowledge with us through books, magazines, and podcasts. It is now time for us to return the favor. We hope the information we provide about our equipment and techniques will help improve your photographic skills. If this is your first visit, please start reading from the bottom of the page. Happy shooting!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

The eyes have it

I've often wondered if a photographer is born with an eye for composing images or is it an acquired skill. For me I think it is a little of both. As I study the works of professional photographers, their achievements inspire me to master the art of photography. For a great shot, several things have to come together but perhaps the most significant is just being there at the right time. I've been watching the Ken Burns National Park series and I'm amazed at how he captured the park scenes at just the right moment. I guess the unpredictability of nature is what makes this hobby so challenging.