My son and I have had the privilege of photographing several National Parks. Our photographs were possible because others were willing to share their knowledge with us through books, magazines, and podcasts. It is now time for us to return the favor. We hope the information we provide about our equipment and techniques will help improve your photographic skills. If this is your first visit, please start reading from the bottom of the page. Happy shooting!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Social Media

Things must be getting tougher for professional photographers. I've noticed many of them are branching out into new areas to make a living at their craft. Many are utilizing facebook, twitter, blogs, and websites all to make themselves more visible to the world for networking purposes. Another area I've noticed an increase in activity is the offering of guided photo trips and seminars. I wanted to mention a seminar I attended a few years ago put on by John and Barb Gerlach. They specialize in wildlife photography and their work is impressive. Check out their website and if you have a chance to attend, you won't be disappointed.
Gerlach Nature Photography